* Cinnamon Butter (recipe follows)
* 1 cup packed brown sugar
* 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
* 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
* 1/4 teaspoon salt
* 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
* 2 slightly beaten eggs
* 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla
* 2 cups peeled and chopped tart cooking apples
* 3/4 cup chopped walnuts
1. Prepare Cinnamon Butter; chill.
2. Grease a 9-inch pie plate. In mixing bowl, combine brown sugar, flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon.
3. Add eggs and vanilla; stir till well mixed. Add apples and nuts; stir till well combined. Spoon into pie plate.
4. Bake in a 350 degree F oven for 30 to 35 minutes or till browned and top feels firm. Serve warm with Cinnamon Butter on top. Makes 8 servings.
Cinnamon Butter: In small mixing bowl, beat 1/4 cup butter with electric mixer for 30 seconds. Add 1 cup sifted powdered sugar, 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon, 1 tablespoon milk and 1 teaspoon vanilla. Beat till combined. Cover; chill till firm. Makes 1/2 cup.
apple harvest bake
UPDATE 8/21 –
substitutions: didn’t measure the ingredients too well, and used baking soda instead of baking powder, and used a cup of grated apple and a cup of grated carrot. didn’t make the cinnamon butter either.
but they didn’t rise and came out weird. try again using more baking soda, maybe?