jeremy’s butternut squash cookiesDecember 19, 2011
he invented a butternut squash cookie recipe! they are an amazing half-banana-bread half-snickerdoodle masterpiece!
i tried them this week, and loved them! thanks, jeremy!
* 1/2 – 3/4 cup butternut squash puree (he used this recipe, but of course you could just mash up some baked squash.)
* 1 1/2 – 1 2/3 sticks softened butter
* 1 1/2 cups white sugar
* 2 eggs
* 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
* 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
* 2 teaspoons cream of tartar
* 1 teaspoon baking soda
* 1/4 teaspoon salt
* 2 tablespoons white sugar
* 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
2. Cream together butter, shortening, 1 1/2 cups sugar, the eggs and the vanilla. Add squash. Blend in the flour, cream of tartar, soda and salt. Shape dough by rounded spoonfuls into balls.
3. Mix the 2 tablespoons sugar and the cinnamon. Roll balls of dough in mixture. Place 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheets.
4. Bake 8 to 10 minutes, or until set but not too hard. Remove immediately from baking sheets.